DNP is releasing updated firmware version 1.21 for the DS620A printer. This firmware update is not mandatory for customers in the US, Canada, or Latin America. This firmware adds support for 6×9″ media but this media is sold only in Europe. Because the DS620A is a global platform, the printer will begin shipping with firmware version 1.21 in November of 2015.
Printer Info Update
The Printer Info version 1.2 application is a standalone status tool that is used to pull printer data. This update now supports the DS620A and DS80DX printers. Please reference the Quick Reference Guide for any questions.
Once launched, the Printer Info application will provide the following information from the printers connected to your system:
- Printer: Displays the type of printers attached to your system.
- Media Size: Displays the size of the media loaded into the associated printer (i.e., 4×6″, 6×8″, etc.).
- Media Remaining: Displays the amount of media remaining in the associated printer.
- Life Counter: Displays the total number of prints each printer has done over its lifetime.
- 5×7/6×8: Displays the estimated number of 5×7″ or 6×8″ prints made using 6×8″ media loaded in the designated printer.
- Counter A: Displays the total number of prints each printer has done since the counter has been reset.
- Counter B: Displays the total number of prints each printer has done since the counter has been reset.
- Status: This column displays a status code. Please see the Printer Status section for more information.
- Firmware: This displays the firmware loaded on the designated printer. For the DS80DX, The DS80-D will have a different firmware version than the TU80-X. The firmware versions are displayed as two separate numbers (i.e., 1.15/1.05.).
- CVD: Displays the color profile that has been assigned to each printer.
- Serial Number: This column displays the serial number of the associated printer.
If you have any questions, please contact DNP Service and Support.