I just got my new Brava printer and the door latch wonâ€™t release so I can put the roll of paper in.
This seems to be an intermittent problem in shipping. Once remedied, this problem usually never happens in everyday transportation. If you receive your printer and the door latch will not release, here is the fix.
- Place the printer on a hard surface such as a workbench or a table.
- Look at the printerâ€™s right side. Slide out the printer drawer like you were going to replace the ribbon. You will see two panels.
- The one on top and closest to the front of the printer can be removed with one screw. Itâ€™s best to use a magnetic screwdriver so as not to drop the screw into the pr7off you will see the latch lever causing the problem.
- This door bar release latch is out of alignment. Simply lift it back in place. This photo shows the bar in the CORRECT position.
- Once the bar is back in the correct position, you can put the cover back on and it should work from then on.