New Sony UP-DR200 Driver Released

Sony released a new driver today for the Sony UP-DR200. The new v2.0 driver enables what Sony calls the “Cut Mode” for the UP-DR200. When the cut mode is enabled the printer will perform an intermediary cut producing two smaller prints. In other words, media type 2UPC-R204 will produce a 4″x6″ print or, in cut mode, it will produce two 2″x6″ strips (photoboothers, this is what you’ve been asking for!). Media type 2UPC-R205 will produce a 5″x7″ print, or in cut mode, two 3.5″x5″ prints. Media type 2UPC-R206 will produce a 6″x8″ print or two 4″x6″ prints.

Photobooth customers love the “Cut Mode” feature!Sony UPDR200 with 2x6 Photo Strips

Our staff has been testing the beta driver for a few weeks now and it works like a champ. We also tested the 2″x6″ cut with a few of our Photobooth customers – they love it! (Visit PhotoBoothTalk.com for more booth news, info, forums.) The new v2.0 driver requires a firmware update (v1.14), both available from the Sony UP-DR200 support page.

If you have any questions about the new driver, about the Sony UP-DR200 or if you need any assistance installing the new software, please contact us by leaving a comment below or fire off an email to me and I’ll have someone contact you.

Marketing guy at Imaging Spectrum

Vincent V

November 22, 2016 - 11:16 am

Omar,
    The last Windows driver for the DR200 is for Windows 7. This is because Sony was supposed to keep the drivers up to date and they decided not to do it.
    Just getting it loaded and working on 8, 8.1 and 10 is a miracle, most people cannot get it loaded. It is not the printer, firmware or driver, it is the OS. If you want trouble free operations find a Windows 7 computer or you will have to buy a current printer with a Windows 10 driver.
    I hope that helps.
    -Bill

2. Omar Baxter

November 22, 2016 - 5:48 am

Eric is there known issues with Sony Udr200 working on windows 10? I have been using the windows 7 driver for it. Using a photo booth software at times it can’t be recognized, I have to turn the power off then back on to work again. Do you think this is the firmware or the printer?

3. will

April 9, 2016 - 11:54 am

tried to pair my sony up-cr20l with my sony up-dr200 but it said my dr200 needed to be updated,so any directions on this matter,i’m running yosemite 10.10.5 on my mac

May 4, 2015 - 12:31 pm

@Jan – The Sony UPDR200 has been discontinued and the drivers are no longer being developed. The drivers listed above are all that is available.

5. jan

May 4, 2015 - 10:41 am

Hi
    I like to install the mac os driver but I can’t.
    I downloaded the driver for osx10.5 or later but when I have to choose the destination disk to install I can not choose the drive (there is a yellow exclamation mark sign on all the disks).
    I’m on osx10.10.
    It would be nice to have some help here.
    thx

6. Bernd

April 15, 2015 - 8:58 am

does the driver for the Macboock?

7. Stephen

March 10, 2015 - 3:06 pm

Hello,
    I have a dr200 and have to problems.
    #1, I’ve updated to firmware 1.14 and I can’t seem to find the option for print alignment anymore. When I press Menu all I get now is print count, version #, then back to original main screen. Where did the align option go?
    #2, I’ve had my printer in storage for awhile and loaded it with paper and ink ribbon that I’ve used before. I still had about +300 prints left. I printed for a couple prints then made a loud sound and now won’t recognize the ribbon. It keeps saying ‘unrecognized ink ribbon’. I was going to try and load a new ink and see if that solves it. If it does then I have about +300 prints I can’t use.

Thanks for you help in advance.

8. Travis

June 11, 2014 - 6:48 pm

I went to that site and upgraded but it says can not upgrade printer. Am I doing something wrong??

9. Travis

June 10, 2014 - 8:38 pm

Hey,
    I just purchased a dr 200 sony. I have one on my windows 7 and it works great for 2×6 prints however, on my xp I cant find the option to print a 2×6 in printing preferences or a ribbon size? Please help I need this as soon as I can!! is it possible that this sony 200 is too old and doesn’t have the 2×6 option? Thanks …..Travis

10. Tuan

April 23, 2014 - 3:50 pm

Hi Anne,

How did you get it to work?

11. anne

February 1, 2014 - 7:20 am

Ref previous comment – please ignore. I got it to work – thank you !

12. anne

February 1, 2014 - 6:02 am

Hi Eric, do you know if the Sony DR200 works with Windows 8.1 ? Ive disabled the driver enforcement, but still no luck. It works with Windows 8 but not 8.1 – ?

January 22, 2014 - 10:47 am

If the prints come out correctly with windows, then there must be setting off in the GSW software. Have you tried contacting the company? We don’t sell that software so we are not familiar with it.

14. Eddie Morris

January 21, 2014 - 7:08 pm

Just received a refurb 200 today and had a question/issue.
    I am using Green Screen Wizard and when I print I am getting a small white border down the right and along the bottom of each photo. I tried printing another 4×6 from my computer and do not have this problem…it prints full sheet. Have tried making adjustments in GSW but do not see anything that I am missing. No border settings to deal with, image is not shrunk etc. Please help.

15. Anne

June 16, 2013 - 1:45 pm

16. Anne

June 16, 2013 - 1:44 pm

17. Thomas

June 14, 2013 - 4:05 pm

Hi Anne, disabling the driver enforcement should only be a one time thing. There may still be an issue with the installer and Windows 8. There is a work around for this that may be a little too much to type. I suggest calling our support team.

18. Anne

June 14, 2013 - 2:06 pm

Thank you so much Eric, that worked after a few tweaks. Doesn’t work for the DR150? or do you have to repeat the procedure? I get an error message something about third party not digitally signed etc.
    But thank you very much x

June 14, 2013 - 11:10 am

Hi Anne, the windows 7 driver will work but you should follow this procedure

20. Anne

June 14, 2013 - 4:46 am

Hi, can you tell me is there a driver for Windows 8 for the DR200 – is it compatible?

21. John

June 12, 2013 - 12:10 pm

I have a UPDR200 Sony printer and it will print fine but it does not advance so it can be cut after printing. I was wondering if it was a simple fix that i could do if i had the part or do i need to buy a refurbished one? I had talked to someone there and have the shipping figured out to get it to Canada. please let me know. Thanks John

May 10, 2013 - 9:02 am

@Natalie, you need to go into the driver settings and select the 2×6 cut. If you still need help call us at 800-342-9294 and request a tech ticket or email techsupport@imagingspectrum.com

23. Natalia

May 9, 2013 - 8:43 pm

Hi,

I have the Sony updr200 with the 2.0 version that allows you to cut. How ever my strips are not cutting. Do you have any recommendations on what my next step should be?

Natalia

24. Anne

April 12, 2013 - 3:40 am

Thank you so much for your help. I will check that and get back.

April 10, 2013 - 9:07 am

Anne,
    The ribbons have an RFID in them and tell the printer what kind of ribbon is installed. It is not impossible that one is wrong. Please remove your ribbon and take a photo of one of the colored ribbon panels and email it to techsupport at imagingspectrum.com
    I want to make sure it is the correct ribbon.
    In your email please include your ZIP code and company name so I can look up your account.

26. anne

April 9, 2013 - 6:17 pm

Hi, I purchased a used DR200 and want to use it in cut mode for 2×6 size. Have eventually installed the new cut mode driver etc, I think, but the display on printer still says R206 which is the 6×8 media, and I still get an error saying incorrect paper size, even though I am using R204 media 4×6 . any advice please?x

27. Robert White

March 22, 2013 - 8:43 pm

I have a Song UP-DR200 that has less than 8300 prints on it. Last week it started printing a solid green background on all photos. I have cleaned the head, re-installed the drivers and still no luck. Same thing. I can see the picture behind the green. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bob White

28. Andy

December 1, 2012 - 7:29 am

Do you have a driver for window 8 with this printer

July 19, 2012 - 11:37 am

@Manuel @Tracy
    We offer a trade-in program. If you would be interested send me an email and I will have a specialist contact you.
    eric@imagingspectrum.com