How to Upgrade Shinko S2145 Firmware Version 14

Shinko released a new firmware, version 14.xx, for its S2145 4×6/5×7/6×9 Photo Printer. The new firmware coincided with the release of a new media for the printer. You will need to install this new firmware before
using the new media. (Check out our previous post on this topic which includes a picture of the new media box.)

To upgrade the S2145 Firmware to version 14.xx:

For printers with Firmware Main 11 and higher, go here: http://www.sinfoniaphoto.com/downloads.php and download the S2145 Firmware (Main 14.xx DSP 3.xx).  Unzip the file and save to your PC.  If you already have the printer driver installed on the PC, make sure that you exit out of the status monitor before you execute the upgrade. The status monitor is located and the bottom right corner of your screen.

Shinko S2145 Photo Printer Firmware Upgrade

Connect PC to printer with USB cable, power ON printer, open the printer door, and then double-click the S1245FWDownload.bat (windows batch file) file.

Application window pops up, and starts installing F/W.  Note:  If you have Main 10 or lower you must upgrade to Main 11 before you can upgrade to Main14.  Download the Firmware from the KG Digital download: S2145 Firmware (Main 11.03)

If you have any questions, please comment below or shoot our tech team an email.

Tagged in:, ,

1. taghi

May 26, 2015 - 9:19 am

hello
    do you have firmware 10.09
    thanks

May 26, 2015 - 9:56 am

taghi,
    I am not sure why you would want 10.09. Please send an email to techsupport at imagingspectrum dot com and let us know. The Main 11.03 or 14.XX should give you everything you need.

3. bc label

July 20, 2015 - 5:02 am

hello I have a problem with my s2145 paper comes out from its base when it arrives 70 restente sheet can ready and when I asked a long series aurriez you a solution I know 250 printers?)

4. Darren Wright

August 8, 2015 - 9:57 pm

Hi, I’ve recently purchased a used Shinko 2145 running 8.04 Main. Neither of the firmware updates on the KGProPhoto site will update the printer, the 11.xx version says the printer has been updated to a version not recognized. Is there another version I need to update to prior, if so, where can I find a version. I haven’t purchased any ribbon/paper for the unit and am hesitant to do so not knowing if I’ll have issues with it.

5. crane

August 29, 2015 - 10:36 am

Hi, I have same problem like Ziffa here. When I run the batch file an error is occurring by the following message, Printer Program Version Error.. USB Firmware Download Failed.
    Any help?
    Thanks in advance
    crane

August 30, 2015 - 10:41 am

Darren and crane,
    I have not had the v11 update from v10 and lower fail, neither have I had the v14 fail to load. Make sure you are following my directions exactly as written above, especially about the status monitor and the door and make sure you are running the .bat batch file. If you are customers of ISI, please feel free to call our tech line and someone from the tech team can help get it loaded.

7. David G

November 14, 2015 - 4:38 pm

Hey guys. Have any of you had any issues with the Sinfonia CS2 cutting the ribbon in half? It’s done it 3x in the last 2 events and I’m really starting to get worried. I’m currently at an event, so a prompt response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

-David