This article was updated May 11, 2016.
DNP recently developed and released new ICC profiles for the DNP DS-RX1, DNP DS40 Photo Printer, and the DS80 Photo Printer. All new driver CDs from DNP have the updated ICC profile but you can also download the profiles from DNP’s download page.
We have found that the new DNP ICC profiles produce excellent color.
Follow these steps to install the color profile:
- Download and extract the file to a known location.
- Right click the file and select “Install Profile” (See fig. 1)
- Note: When this is done, nothing visible will happen. The color profile will be added to a list of profiles for every printer and device installed on the computer. We will now have to direct the DNP printer to this profile manually.
- Go to ‘Devices and Printers’, right click on your printer icon and select ‘Printer Properties’ (See fig. 2)
- On the window that appears, go to the ‘Color Management’ tab and click on the ‘Color Management’ button.
- Under the ‘Devices’ tab, select the DNP printer you are using as the specified device. (See fig. 3)
- Select the ‘use my settings for this device’ box.
- Click the ‘Add button at the bottom of the screen and navigate through your list of color profiles until you find the new DNP one. Again, your list will contain all color profiles installed on your computer so make sure to select the correct one. Hit ‘OK’ when selected. (see fig. 4)
- Now that this profile has been added, select the old profile, click remove, and hit ‘Close’. (see fig. 5)
Remember, in the case that you use a different port and the printer recognized a new printer (ie. DNP DS40 (Copy 1)), the driver will completely reset. When/if this happens, the driver will automatically set the ICC profile back to the older version. Keep the new ICC profile handy and always remember to use the same ports!
If you have questions about the profiles, DNP Photo printers or if there is anything else we can help you with please contact us at 800-342-9294 or firstname.lastname@example.org