New ICC Profiles for DNP DS40, DNP DS80 and RX1/RX1HS Photo Printers

This article was updated May 11, 2016.

DNP DS40 Photo PrinterDNP Update

DNP recently developed and released new ICC profiles for the DNP DS-RX1DNP DS40 Photo Printer, and the DS80 Photo Printer. All new driver CDs from DNP have the updated ICC profile but you can also download the profiles from DNP’s download page.

We have found that the new DNP ICC profiles produce excellent color.

Follow these steps to install the color profile:

1. Download and extract the file to a known location.
  2. Right click the file and select “Install Profile” (See fig. 1)

figure 1
    Figure 1
  3. Note: When this is done, nothing visible will happen. The color profile will be added to a list of profiles for every printer and device installed on the computer. We will now have to direct the DNP printer to this profile manually.
  4. Go to ‘Devices and Printers’, right click on your printer icon and select ‘Printer Properties’ (See fig. 2)

DNP-ICC-fig2
    Figure 2
  5. On the window that appears, go to the ‘Color Management’ tab and click on the ‘Color Management’ button.
  6. Under the ‘Devices’ tab, select the DNP printer you are using as the specified device. (See fig. 3)

DNP-ICC-fig2
    Figure 3
  7. Select the ‘use my settings for this device’ box.
  8. Click the ‘Add button at the bottom of the screen and navigate through your list of color profiles until you find the new DNP one. Again, your list will contain all color profiles installed on your computer so make sure to select the correct one. Hit ‘OK’ when selected. (see fig. 4)

Figure 4
    Figure 4
  9. Now that this profile has been added, select the old profile, click remove, and hit ‘Close’. (see fig. 5)

Figure 5
    Figure 5

Remember, in the case that you use a different port and the printer recognized a new printer (ie. DNP DS40 (Copy 1)), the driver will completely reset. When/if this happens, the driver will automatically set the ICC profile back to the older version. Keep the new ICC profile handy and always remember to use the same ports!

If you have questions about the profiles, DNP Photo printers or if there is anything else we can help you with please contact us at 800-342-9294 or email@imagingspectrum.com

Marketing guy at Imaging Spectrum

1. Alexander

December 20, 2015 - 5:28 pm

We have an issue with the DS80 that on a black background print, it leaves white stripe. Is there any adjustment
    Thanks

October 5, 2015 - 9:24 am

@Duc Tran – We have created a tech ticket for you. Someone from out tech team will be in touch later today.

3. duc tran

October 3, 2015 - 6:44 pm

my rx1 is printing very dark colors and yellow. please help .. i need to get a resolution quickly as my next gig is next week.

4. duc tran

October 3, 2015 - 6:44 pm

My rx1 has always seem to work well with colors until recently when i bought my latest role of media. the pictures are so dark and yellow. I have updated the new driver and installed the new ICM but yet can’t get the pictures to come out the correct colors. I have a gig coming up next week and i would like assistance on this. I bought the printer from you guys and have been buying media as well from you guys. thanks. 916-833-5897

5. ANIL

January 10, 2015 - 9:20 am

9405536596

September 23, 2014 - 3:00 pm

Did you try the one listed above? If that doesn’t work you might try contacting DNP (http://dnpphoto.com/) or you can have a third party make a custom ICC profile for your DNP DSRX1.

7. Jemshon S. Fabillon

September 22, 2014 - 10:41 pm

Sir good day
    How can i get a new ICC profile for my RX1 printer.

I’m not satisfied for the color out come of rx1 printer it’s high contrast and the color is cyan/green.

September 18, 2014 - 9:02 am

@Lily – We try to bring Super Hero service and support to our customers every day. Thank you for the comment! We appreciate your business.

9. Lily

September 13, 2014 - 7:44 pm

The big thing I learned by making many errors – always, always, always call Imaging Spectrum for assistance. I swear they come swooping in with Superman capes and turn the earth backward on its axis. You can always count on them and I love these guys. Thank you for always being so responsive!

June 9, 2014 - 10:11 am

@Steve – sorry to hear you are having trouble. Yes, give us a call and we can set up a tech support ticket for you.

11. Eljae

April 18, 2014 - 9:12 pm

DITTO on the RX-1. I use DSLR Pro from Breeze in my photo booth, prints always off on with a magenta/orange skin tone.
    I worked with Bill, it appeared complicated that I had to change the color management settings in two different places in order for them to save. Which now seem to have gone back to the poor color problem.
    Would love to see a clear and concise step-by-step on the DNP-RX1 color management settings.

12. Don

February 9, 2014 - 8:46 pm

How about an ICC for the RX1 ? Nothing I produce on my iMac in PhotoShop looks the way I design it …

Thanks

13. Roland

October 18, 2013 - 9:23 pm

I just tried to download the new ICC profiles for my DS40. When I click on install I get the following message “Do you want to Open or Save DS40 121220-10.icm from Darkroom Software.com. OPEN or Save??. Whether I SAVE or RUN I get the following message “Color profile DS40…… Failed to install. How do I install the ICC profile? I just upgraded to 9.1.

Thanks,

Roland

14. Steven

October 10, 2013 - 10:20 pm

Oh and yeah the new ICC are great huh? I printed out 10 hubble Hi Rez 8×10’s few days ago. The ICC’s really made a massive difference to my eyes.

15. Steven

October 10, 2013 - 10:13 pm

Hey guys DNP Tech support will very soon launch a very detailed Self Help Video based FAQ. I am personally spearheading this effort. Feel free to contact me If you have any suggestions or even a top 10 “issue’s” you would like to see go live first. My top 3 are 1. CUTTER JAM recovery with out removing any screws( yes its really works) 2. enabling 2×6 cut in windows and mac OS’s. 3. how to repair a torn ribbon and other tip and tricks for live event breakdowns. For now keep all this off the “news” ticker. I’ll let you know when we are near the launch date.

October 10, 2013 - 10:24 am

Greg, the icc profile files will work for windows and mac. Simply download the file and copy it to your profiles folder found here: \library\colorsync\profiles

17. Gregory Brown

October 9, 2013 - 6:04 pm

Do you have ICC profiles for MAC OS?

September 25, 2013 - 3:08 pm

Thanks for the words John. We appreciate your business!

19. John Hursh

September 25, 2013 - 1:31 pm

I have been using products from Imaging Spectrum for many years and have nothing but good things to say about them! Service is prompt and excellent and support is very good.