The question becomes, what type of material?
This year has definitely been a challenge and printing businesses have had to make adjustments to meet the needs of social distancing messages in various types of environments. Signage has stepped into a more important role of relaying safety guidelines to customers. Warnings and other graphics that communicate vital information to the public, even a simple message if a business is open or not. This is now seen in about every kind of business from grocery stores, restaurants, gyms, hair salons, you name it. And with schools opening back up in most areas, this type of signage will be more prominent than ever.
If you own a sign shop or perhaps have some kind of ties to your community in providing inkjet printing, it could pave the way for an opportunity to provide this service to various businesses and organizations. The question becomes, what type of material? Well in this piece, we’ll point to media that will work in various essential signage applications to help get the message across in the most effective manner. Here are some popular choices:
The traditional medium placed outside of establishments to quickly alert customers on specials, hours of operations, schedule events and other important matters.
- Ultraflex Proflex 13oz Banner – polyester based, front lit, economical, bright white point
- Ultraflex SuperSmooth PET Blockout 15oz – no curl, double-sided, lay-flat appearance
- Kodak Scrim Vinyl Banner – water-resistant, reinforced vinyl, 16 mil thickness
- Summit Tyvek Banner – water resistant, indoor/outdoor, 11 mil
- HP Everyday Matte Banner – polypropylene material, permanence up to 6 months
High-demand graphic need for heavy foot traffic areas to inform customers about maintaining proper social distancing such as in check-out lines and aisles.
- Avery MPI 2903 / 2921 Easy Apply – certified safe, slip-resistant Glossy/Matte calendered vinyl, best for low pile carpets, ceramic floors, tile – combine with DOL 3000 Series Laminates
- Summit Embossed Indoor Floor & Wall Vinyl – slip & flame resistant, repositionable, Matte finish
- Summit Premium Water -Resistant Removable Fabric – slip-resistant, certified for floors, repositionable
Wall and Window Graphics
High-end visual need to display safety guidelines, illustrations and graphics to create awareness in essential places of businesses such as hospitals, schools, etc
- Avery MPI 2611 Wall Film – tough, scuff-resistant, flexible, removable vinyl
- Summit Embossed Indoor Floor & Wall Vinyl – wall cut-outs, decals, POS
- Ultraflex Wallscapes Wallcoveing – durable, flexible, embossed finishes
- Ultraflex Ultravision Window Perf – building, vehicle windows, two-way viewing
- Kodak Photo-Tex Repositionable Fabric – removes easily, sharp graphics, good for flat surfaces
Most of this type of work is done with an Eco-Solvent printer as the materials will be more durable over time and can withstand a lot of outer elements while aqueous/pigment based media is built for short-term signage use from 3-6 months.
If you have a growing demand of providing this type of signage to your customer base and have thought about scaling up to an Eco-Solvent printer, please check out or line of Epson SureColor Eco-Solvent Printers and Print & Cut Bundles to do stickers, decals and more!
If you would like to find out more or have any questions, please call an inkjet specialist today at 214-342-9290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay safe out there!