Epson has announced the latest addition to the P-Series lineup with the new SureColor® P5000 17” wide-format roll/sheet printer! Replacing the Stylus Pro 4900 series, the SureColor P5000 will offer a 10-color UltraChrome® HDX ink set and contain the option to produce photography, proofing and fine art printing on either cut sheets or roll media up to 17” wide, but holds some key differences in overall performance and reliability.
In compliance with some other P-series models, the P5000 will feature a Standard Edition, Commercial Edition with a Violet ink for reaching 99% Pantone matching and a Design Edition that bundles an EFI Express RIP software.
- Epson SureColor P5000 Standard Edition Printer (SCP5000SE)
- Epson SureColor P5000 Commercial Edition Printer (SCP5000CE)
- Epson SureColor P5000 Design Edition Printer (SCP5000DES)
Here are some improvements of the Epson SureColor P5000 over the 4900 printers:
- Newly formulated UltraChrome HDX 200ml ink set containing Black, Orange and Green inks with higher density levels and twice the print permanence of previous generations
- Controlled mechanisms in place to keep dust and static from interfering with the print head including an improved felt wiper strip, cut-sheet tray cover and roll cover
- Improved auto nozzle check performance to increase print job workflow
- Timing maintenance cycle command that cleans the print head and helps reduce nozzle clogs during idle periods of time
- Superior gloss uniformity and optically clearer, sharper images
The Epson SureColor P5000 printers are scheduled to start shipping at the beginning of February and we are taking pre-orders right now. If you are interested in getting to the top of the list, please call an inkjet specialist at 800-342-9492 or email us at email@example.com.