HiTi 510 Series Media Changing to Reusable Ribbon Cartridge

Updated May 10, 2016: the 4×6 and 6×8 media kit for the HiTi 510 no longer includes the ribbon holder as explained below.

HiTi media for the 510-series will soon be changing to a reusable ribbon cartridge. The plan is to ship the reusable cartridge with each case of media for the first few months then the media will eventually ship with ribbon and paper only. The goal is to make the transition as painless as possible.

Media that ships from HiTi during the month of June should still be the old format. The new style media should begin shipping to dealers in July.

IMPORTANT: Please note that you will need to update your HiTi 510 Firmware and Printer Drivers before using the new media. Drivers can be downloaded from HiTi:

Click for more details on the media change
Click image for detail

Click for instructions on how to assemble ribbon and holder
Click image for detail

Order HiTi 510 Series Media

HiTi Printers

Marketing guy at Imaging Spectrum

1. Nance

August 10, 2016 - 11:36 pm

Hi guys I just called the company and they sent me the new cartridge it took a week I’m in Canada so the border cause a slight delay

2. Emmanuel Felarca

August 2, 2016 - 12:35 pm

Damn! This is so messed up. So many people having issues with the change to reusable tray. I think it’s time for everyone to abandon HiTi and move on to Sony (DNP-40, maybe).

3. Ed

July 12, 2016 - 1:28 am

I’m trying to find where to buy the new cartridge too :/

4. Vanessa

June 13, 2016 - 2:16 pm

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy the new recyclable cartridge. I have a lot of events and this is a pretty big inconvenience for me. Please help.

5. julie lance

May 23, 2016 - 5:28 pm

the second roll of ribbon does not work. this is crap. i am in the middle of a project and can’t get it recognize ribbon

6. Kevin

May 4, 2016 - 7:09 am

I have recently dealt with all of these issues. #1 you cant put in a new cartridge period! You must do the firmware first them burn an image from another folder. If you use new cartridge with old firmware it ruins the old chip and will not work ever. I had to send mine into HITI they fix and send back. Now I regret throwing my old cartridge out because they don’t make them any more. This is a total BS system now, they claim they are going green. Give me a break all plastic is recycled now anyways.

March 11, 2016 - 3:02 pm

Make sure your FW actually updated. This is caused by the firmware not being upgraded and counting the print count down to zero so the second roll of ribbon does not work. It also could be the RFID going out on the cartridge or the sensor that reads the RFID going out on the printer.

8. Desi

March 10, 2016 - 7:41 pm

I did everything and have been using the new cartridges and now its says I don’t have in ribbon. When I clearly do . Super tired of this issue. Any help?

9. frank

January 14, 2016 - 10:43 pm

if it counts down to zero, will it still print after that?

October 15, 2015 - 3:40 pm

If you do not update your Firmware (printer OS) and use the new ribbon cassettes, it will count down the RFID chip on it to Zero. Update the Firmware and driver now.

1. Go here and download the correct driver and firmware: http://download.hiti.com/index.asp
    2. Be sure to extract the download.
    3. In the Firmware folder find the Burn file that looks like a match. Click twice and Start. The file will be sent to the printer. The printer light will flash for about 5 minutes and then the printer will restart.
    4. Unplug USB cable on printer. Run driver update. Restart computer.
    5. When computer restarts plug in printer. Install Photobooth option.

HiTi will replace the RFID chip on the cassette. You have to pay to send it to them. Call HiTi with more info.