Loading Brava 21 Photo Printer Drivers on Windows

Updated December 5, 2016

When loading the Brava 21 driver on Windows 8, 8.1, 10, please follow these directions and be sure to use the Windows driver below and not the one on the CD.

Here are directions to turn off the driver signature for Windows 8.0 (PDF)

Here are directions to turn off the driver signature for Windows 8.1 and 10
from HowtoGeek.com
. Follow the directions for “Option Two: Use an Advanced Boot Option” from this website.

After driver signature is turned off,  then follow the directions on this PDF to load the Brava 21 driver

Click here to download the Brava 21 Windows driver

If you have an earlier driver than v1.5 it will cause just a portion of the photo to show up in the print. If you only get a portion of your photo printed, update to v1.5 or go into the Properties in the Driver and click on the Advanced tab. Disable the Advanced Features and that will fix the issue. See photo below.

Disable Advanced Features

Hopefully you will find this helpful. If you still need assistance please contact us.

Bill Vahrenkamp, Cr.Photog., leads technical operations at Imaging Spectrum.

1. Tin Reyes

January 8, 2017 - 7:58 am

Hello,

I had a gig yesterday using a mint green backdrop, but in the prints the backdrop would come out blue. When I view it in my computer, the backdrop was mint green. So, I figured that it must be the printer. Is there a way that I can correct this?

August 28, 2016 - 7:10 pm

Josh,
    Sounds like a connection, driver or OS issue. Call 800.342.9294 Mon-Fri 9-5 CST and ask for a tech ticket. Have your serial number handy just in case.

3. Josh

August 28, 2016 - 1:25 pm

Hi there, I am actually using a Brava on an older netbook, still running XP. Normally, the printer works beautifully, but last night it went completely dark. I was getting a “Printer Offline”, then I would disconnect/re-connect the USB and in would come back online. Still the prints would error in the print que. Upon restarting the computer and re-starting, about 4 prints stuck in the que printed out and then the printer stopped working for the remainder of the gig. Paper was not jammed, onlny green power light, but I could not get proper communication between the computer and printer.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I am 100% perplexed!

4. Photographer Palm Beach

May 13, 2016 - 1:19 am

Worked great for me thanks for the information for windows 8 and 10

May 12, 2016 - 9:20 pm

Driver signature only gets turned off to install. It comes back on after the next restart.

6. Guillermo

May 12, 2016 - 5:09 pm

I would have NEVER bought this printer if the company told me I would have to re configure my entire computer to install it!

7. Glenn Murphy

December 13, 2015 - 5:31 pm

Hi there,

I have an issue with my Ciaat Brava 21 printer.

I have 8×6 media in the printer and it will only print when i set it to 6×4
    It was working fine, until I changed the media, but then it stopped printing 8×6.

I put in the what was left of the original media, and it still will only print 8×6.

I have changed all the settings to 8×6, but it will only print when Its changed to 6×4…

Can you help me please?

00353879950712

8. Jessica

September 9, 2015 - 3:35 pm

I’m so exited. My printer worked thank u so very much imaging spectrum, I Def recommend to call tech support the person who helped me was patient, kind and fixed the problem. I’m so happy. God bless you.. I’m ready to use my Brava 21.. woot woot..
    Jessica.

September 9, 2015 - 12:37 am

Jessica,
    Call 800.342.9294 and ask for a tech ticket from 8:30 to 5 CST. Someone from tech support will call and log on and get it loaded. We have not failed yet.

10. Jessica

September 8, 2015 - 11:22 pm

I’m having trouble installing brava 21 driver to my windows 8. I tried EVERYTHING I have read here and followed step by step but can’t get it to work. Can some one please help me? I’m mentally exhausted. I really want to keep this printer but if I can’t get it to work I’ll have to return it.
    Jessica

11. Spenser Foltz

February 28, 2015 - 9:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently updated a build for my booth, and have made the move to Windows 8.1. After a few snaffoos with my software communicating properly with my camera, I am now having issues with the Brava. Driver has been updated with the most recent download off this page as of 20150228. Followed the directions to update driver after disabling the driver signature verification. I’m having the same issue as listed in the post itself about not sizing the image properly. I’ve reloaded the driver 3 times now and still having the same issue.

If theres someone that could email me with an update or a possible fix that would be amazing. I’m not in a rush as I still have my old build I can utilize for the time being, but would love to get this new rig up and running properly as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Spenser
    spenser.foltz@gmail.com

12. P. Keller

February 20, 2015 - 4:32 pm

Just installed Brava 21 installer driver and tried to print a photo…. came out completely blue. Printed again and came out blue and white stripe. These are 4×6″ so I didn’t have to change any of those settings.

Any idea what is wrong? Thank you.

13. Brandon Anderson

January 11, 2015 - 5:14 pm

Who would I need to contact for trouble shooting with my Brava 21. I. Receiving a media error light with new media kit installed I’ve tried 2 different media kits in fact. Please let me know this info as soon as possible.

14. stanley chau

December 25, 2014 - 4:37 am

to whom it may concern, i’m having problems with the driver on windows 8.1..

i followed steps and did exactly what the instructions asked me to do on turning off the driver signature.

please get back to me ASAP. i have a gig this sunday and i can’t get it to work.

please help. will be greatly appreciated

please feel free to contact by email or phone
    6267032237
    stanch3@gmail.com

-stanley

October 22, 2014 - 10:50 am

Brady, that is the only driver available right now. Please call ISI at 800.342.9294 and ask for a tech ticket.

16. Brady Fulton

October 22, 2014 - 1:14 am

This process isn’t working for me. Is there an update you can provide so our new equipment can work?