Fujifilm Frontier DX100 Drylab Printer Overview

FujiFilm Frontier-S DX100

Now that our staff has had some time with the new Fujifilm Frontier DX100 DryLab Photo Printer we wanted to share some of our impressions.

There has been a “hole” in the market for years that was left by the discontinuance of the Kodak ML500 high-speed multi-head dye-sub printer. No product satisfied this niche, at least in terms of portability AND speed AND cost per print AND small footprint. That “magic mix” of valuable assets disappeared from our industry with the demise of the ML500. The DX100 brings back to the photo industry these features and benefits and more.

Fujifilm DX100 Portability

The Fujifilm DX100 weighs in at a svelte 50lbs. Small and light enough to take to high volume events.

Fujifilm DX100 Speed

360 4×6 prints per hour
120 8×10 prints per hour

Fujifilm DX100 Cost per print

4×6 = $0.144
5×7 = $0.21
6×8 = $0.288
8×10 = $0.48

Fujifilm DX100 Small Footprint

The footprint is a mere 2.13 square feet; 17 inches deep, 18 inches wide and 14 inches tall.

Other benefits from the Fujifilm DX100:

• Quality: the quality of the inkjet prints from the DX100 are very nice, very professional, plus you can print on glossy photo paper or real luster photo paper (not a laminate like dye-sub printers.)
  • Easy maintenance: 6 high volume (200ml) ink cartridges and easy to change roll paper
  • Variety: the printer will produce a wide variety of packages without changing the paper (e.g. 4×8, 6×8, 8×10, 8×12…all the way up to 8″x39″).

Check out our Fujifilm Frontier DX100 Printer videos for more details:

Tagged in:
Marketing guy at Imaging Spectrum

January 6, 2017 - 11:06 am

Although Kodak dyesub printers had really good color and their printers before the 9810 had paper finish options with a great matte finish, they were still a 3 color dyesub printer. The DX100 is a 6 color, lab quality ink jet printer, with excellent color and an excellent luster and other finishes.

2. Tiaan Greyling

January 6, 2017 - 1:32 am

Hey there, how does the print quality of the DX100 compare to Kodak dye sub prints?

March 28, 2016 - 12:15 pm

Iddi,
    Since this printer uses inkjet technology, it is difficult to predict how many prints an ink cartridge will produce because every image uses different amounts of ink colors. Please refer to the cost per print numbers and contact us to speak to a specialist at 800-342-9294.

4. IDDI KALEMBO

March 28, 2016 - 10:42 am

I want to know how many prints per ink cartridge and how many prints per paper roll

5. dharan

February 17, 2016 - 12:36 pm

hi i want to know what is the price for this printer
    i am in India i need distributor details so pls Send to my mail id kingofdharan@gmail.com

6. Budiyono

August 3, 2015 - 11:46 pm

again, anybody knows where to buy the product ? ( I mean in Indonesia )

7. kyriacos michael

May 30, 2015 - 9:05 am

i want to know what is the price for this printer

8. budiyono

April 16, 2015 - 8:56 pm

Well,How much doest it cost ?

9. budiyono

April 14, 2015 - 8:58 am

I am very interested with Fuji Frontier DX100. I want to buy it. I want to know when I can buy it in Indonesia. I believe Many Indonesians like it and will buy it.I hope it come to Indonesia soon.You said you will need to contact the fujifilm distributor in your country, but as far as I know there is no distributor yet in my country Indonesia. If you know there is a distributor of fuji frontier S-DX 100, Please tell me. I am waiting

April 2, 2015 - 9:29 am

Jefri,
    We are a US distributor. Please contact your local Fuji rep for information on this product in your country.

11. jefri

March 26, 2015 - 10:06 pm

when products circulating in Indonesia

12. George

December 24, 2014 - 1:51 pm

well it print from an imac yet

13. suriansyah

December 12, 2014 - 12:40 pm

I have interest…i am from indonesia…how i will buy
    Thanks

August 6, 2014 - 5:02 pm

@Alan – There is no back printer for the DX100 from Fuji at this point. We are hoping that Fuji or a third party will develop a solution.

15. alan

August 6, 2014 - 1:05 pm

Does the printer have a back printer? I know the image number can be printed on the image, but as a sports photographer that doesn’t make me happy.
    Alan

June 11, 2014 - 11:46 am

Hi Collins,
    Please send your mailing address to email@imagingspectrum.com and we’ll get some samples in the mail for you. Or you can call us at 800-342-9294. Thanks for your interest!

17. Collins Ihejiawu

June 10, 2014 - 6:05 pm

Hello,I am very interested in this printer. I would like to see some samples.

Thanks.

May 27, 2014 - 11:29 am

Hi Dave, we will have someone from our tech support team contact you.

19. hashim

May 27, 2014 - 1:15 am

Please send me detail of DX100 Dry Lab printer, any local agent in Malaysia, what about support after sales, how much does it cost and cost ink cartridge replacement

20. Dave Rasmussen

May 26, 2014 - 7:51 pm

the other thing is this printer shuts down totally after about 200 prints flashing lights all lights flashing nothing wrong with it just turn off dump your prints waiting and turn back on and works fine but it does this in middle of every roll.
    every time so that adds 10 min per hr or two again..
    so not even close to print speed advertised who knows..
    quality great but totally unusable for proofing cant give up 1500 prints in 3 hrs with sony for 330 prints with this. hope can be fixed!!!!!!

dr

21. Dave Rasmussen

May 26, 2014 - 5:02 pm

Fuji DX100 Speed
    360 4×6 prints per hour
    120 8×10 prints per hour

i am getting about 120 per hr.

any ideas..??
    tried high speed and standard not much difference.
    dr

May 20, 2014 - 4:03 pm

@Tom, the construction is solid but jury still out on transport. We have moved ours around to various trade shows with no issues. Regarding quality, we have a couple large Frontier printers here and yes, the quality is comparable. Please let us know if you have any questions or would like a sample print of your file.

23. Tom

May 20, 2014 - 10:40 am

I want to see how well it holds up to the constant moving around/transport. What are your takes on the construction?
    Is the quality as good as my local Costco running the bigger frontiers?