New Drivers for Sinfonia CS2 Enable 2×6 Photobooth Strip Cut

Sinfonia Shinko CS2 Photo PrinterThe drivers are coming, the drivers are coming.  Okay, really, they have landed.  After a bit of waiting Sinfonia (formally known as Shinko) has released the new CS2 Photo Printer driver for 2-2×6 cuts.  The CS2 is also known as the S6145 and the CS does stand for ColorStream.    The new driver and Firmware will upgrade the printer to be able to print and cut 2-2×6 strips for photobooth use.   Please go to the link below and download the Firmware and Driver.

The Firmware is a zip file so be sure to extract it before trying to use it.  Click on the upgrade.bat batch file to launch the firmware installer.  Please remember the firmware is the printer’s operating system so do not turn off anything during the minute and a half upgrade.  When the upgrade is complete it will ask you to hit any key to continue.

The driver download is also a zip file so be sure to extract it as well.  Click twice on the file named chc-s6145_135_build204 and the driver will be loaded and ready to go.

Be sure to set the Print Size in Printing Preferences to CHC-S6145-4x6in (split)

CS2 Photo Printer 2x6 Print Settings Photobooth

For more information please see our earlier blog posts.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please comment below and we will answer promptly or drop us a line at techsupport@imagingspectrum.com.

1. John Boston

September 11, 2012 - 8:23 am

If you’re used to printing duplicate photo strips on a 4×6, you’ll love being able to split them. Even better, though, is the CS2’s ability to print a single 2×6.

With this functionality, you can stop thinking of photo strips as coming in pairs. With myd CS2, I’m now able to print a strip for each guest, whether it’s 1,2, 4, or 7, and I don’t have to print a single “extra” strip.

John Boston
    T-Town Photo Booth

September 11, 2012 - 10:08 am

John,
    Thanks for your post. Please remember that the 1-2×6 still uses a full piece of 4×6 ribbon. If you look at the used ribbon after 1-2×6 only half of the ribbon is used and it does advance to the next set of ribbon panels and does not wind back to fill the other side.

3. Jackie S

October 19, 2012 - 6:53 am

Thanks for the post indeed… I wanted to ask a question before I get super-excited.

Does this printer work with apple computers or have the Mac Driver online (it stated that it is compatible).

Does anyone knows?

October 19, 2012 - 9:53 am

Jackie,
    The Mac driver is planned but not out yet. Please keep checking our blog and FB page, we will announce it there when it arrives.

5. Jackie S

October 19, 2012 - 12:50 pm

Thank you so much Bill.

Do you know if the Window 7 driver is out? Once I load the CD into the laptop, it tries to find it but Window 7 cannot find any driver.

Do you have a link? Trust me, I read the pdf file and follow it. No luck!

Thanks again Bill.

6. Branded Photo Booth

October 21, 2012 - 6:02 am

Photobooth hires are a quick and easy way to provide anyone at your wedding with a momento. They can take away pictures of themselves with fellow guests. You do not need to worry about a bonbonniere, as they will be making their own. The cost of these momento is included in the cost of the photobooth hire package.

October 25, 2012 - 2:07 am

Sinfonia/Shinko/Kanematsu/KGDigital released a new Mac driver Wednesday October 24.
    The driver is for S1245, S2145 and the S6145 (CS2).
    I tested it with the CS2 on Mac 10.6.8.
    It says it works with 10.6 and higher.
    I did tests and it printed 4×6 and 2-2×6 strips on the CS2 in Preview, PS CS5 and DSLRRemote.
    A word of caution, when I did color and brightness corrections in the driver it crashed the software I was printing from. This should be fixed by October 25.
    The driver can be downloaded from the KG Digital site. http://www.kgprophoto.com/login.php

8. buck armstrong

October 26, 2012 - 2:44 am

bill, i am not seeing the file ” chc-s6145_135_build204″ anywhere after extraction. maybe i am missing something….

9. JP Liriano

August 8, 2013 - 10:41 pm

Hi, I have a question, does this printer leave a water mark in the back like other printers?

JP

10. Eric Woodchek

August 9, 2013 - 9:28 am

No, the CS2 has no water mark on the back. The back is blank.

11. jackie S

November 24, 2014 - 8:15 pm

I am confused. I don’t see any file or firmware with this code or name:
    Click twice on the file named chc-s6145_135_build204

I want to download the firmware so I could print photo strips with my printer. this is insane. KGprophoto is not user friendly at all.

12. jackie S

November 24, 2014 - 8:16 pm

I don’t see this either: The driver version now available is: Ver 1.40 Build 210

13. jackie S