From DNP Press Release April 16, 2012
Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (DNP) will launch the DS-ID400, a digital photo printer for professional use capable of printing ID and passport photos via just a simple operation. As a result, the DS-ID400 is targeted not only at traditional retail stores, but also in various portrait studio, office product, and pack & ship locations where ID and passport photos are printed. Marketing activities will commence from May, 2012, starting with Japan, North America., Europe and Australia.
The DS-ID400 offers users the ability of wireless image reception from commercially available cameras (*1). It also features an automatic layout process inside the printer making it an ideal professional digital photo printer for ID and passport photo services. DNP acquired the professional digital photo print business from Sony Corporation on April 1, 2011, and has taken advantage of this acquisition as a springboard to encourage its global business expansion. Adding several much needed functions to the digital photo printer originally marketed by Sony Corporation, DNP is pleased to announce the launch of a new successor model, DS-ID400.
Features of the DS-ID400
- No need for cumbersome wiring as it is possible to transfer image data from a digital camera equipped with a wireless LAN SD card to the DS-ID400 printer.
- With its automatic layout function installed in the DS-ID400, there is no need to perform layout processing on your PC’s, thus shortening the time from photography to printing.
- Automatic image saving is available transferred from the digital camera to the USB memory inserted into the DS-ID400.
- The USB terminal and SD card slot are positioned in an easy to maneuver spot on the facade of the printer.
- Apart from ID photos, DS-ID400 is also compatible with 4” x 6” (152 x 102mm) borderless, full surface prints.
|Printing Method||Printing Method Dye Sublimation Thermal Transfer|
|Print Size (Max.)||152×102mm95×70mm|
|Print Speed||152 x 102mm: 100 seconds/sheet95 x 70mm: 65 seconds/sheet(Print time may change depending on usage conditions)|
|Image File Format||JPEG (Baseline JPEG), DCF2.0 compatible|
|LCD Display Language||English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish|
|Printer Driver Compatible OS||Windows XP(32bit), Windows Vista(32/64bit), Windows 7(32/64bit)|
|USB port (device)||Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0 compatible)|
|Input Data Media||SD memory card, SDHC memory card, USB memory|
|Power||AC100 – 240V, 50/60Hz|
|Rated Input Current||1.6 – 0.8A (Maximum)|
|Operating Environment||Indoors, temperature: 10°C – 35°C, humidity: 20% – 80% (with no condensation)|
|External Dimensions||Approx. 203mm(length) x 305mm(depth) x 85mm(height)(Not including the projection)|
|Weight||Approx. 2.7kg (Main body only)|
|Consumable||10UPC-X46 (paper size: 102 x 152mm): 250 sheets (25 sheets x 10 packs)10UPC-X34(paper size: 90 x 102mm): 300 sheets(30 sheets x 10 packs)|