DNP DS 40, DS 80 Print Counter

Update May 30: This utility will also work with the DNP DSRX1 Photo Booth Printer.

Want to know how many prints you have made on your DNP DS 40 or DNP DS 80? Want to know how much media is left in the printer? Well, unfortunately, there is no print counter on the front of these machines. In fact, there is no LCD panel at all. Enter PrinterInfo v1.0 – yes that is really the name of this software application. It ain’t pretty but it get’s the job done. Launch DNP printer info and you will get updated stats on your printer.

DNP Printer Info Application

This little app and the manual can be downloaded from DNP. Go to the following site and download the User Manual: PrinterInfo and the Status Display Tool: PrinterInfo

The app will download as Setup Launcher Unicode DNPPIA. Click twice and run the installer.  It will install in the directory C:DNPPIA\PrinterInfo. Open the folder and double-click on PrinterInfo.exe (PLEASE NOTE: Do not run the application while the printer is printing) Click on yes. You will see a screen similar to the shot above with info on your DNP printers. Uh-oh, getting low on media? Better call Imaging Spectrum 😉

Thanks for reading, I hope you found this helpful. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below and I’ll contact you.
~Bill

Tagged in:, , ,

1. Luis Ongpin

August 5, 2011 - 6:46 pm

Is there anyway to see my print count using a Mac, that would REALLY help my photobooth a LOT!

~Luis.

2. Ray Mares

August 13, 2011 - 2:23 pm

Hey Luis, how do you like your dnp ds80? I’m thinking of getting one & want the overall impression from somebody that owns one first. Would you recommend it? Thx! Ray…

3. Samantha

October 26, 2011 - 4:53 pm

This was SUPER helpful! Thanks!

4. Cesar Cruz

March 29, 2012 - 10:43 am

Buenos dias
    tengo printinfo para windows xp
    el caso es que me cambiè y hoy tengo Windows 7 64 bits
    y nesecito la actualizacion .
    les agradesco mucho la ayuda que puedan proporcionarme para poder descargar este programa que me se mucha urgencia

April 16, 2012 - 9:27 am

BTW, this also works on DSRX1 printer also. Bill

6. Eric Woodchek

May 3, 2012 - 1:29 pm

FYI
    CounterA = Total Prints on Printer
    CounterB = Total Prints on Print head. If print head is ever replaced, counterB will reset.
    Neither counter can be reset manually.

7. Jeff

September 16, 2012 - 3:33 pm

is there any way to have a notification pop up (on screen) when the rx1 is out of ribbon/paper? from my experience so for with the rx1 the only way to tell the printer is out of ribbon/paper is when it stops printing and the light is blinking on the printer itself. this isnt convenient and hard to manage when the printer isnt visible. (photo booth)

when i was using the Sony printer, it would pop up on screen that the ribbon needs replacing. seems like this isnt possible with the rx1? :(

8. Vicente

April 24, 2013 - 6:26 am

My printer info duplicates de counts, for each print I make it counts 2. Any ideas ?

9. Jody Stewart

December 16, 2013 - 6:05 pm

I have the same problem as Vicente, my printer info shows double the prints. When I print one print and refresh the info the counter increments 2. I have tried leaving the app open and refreshing after printing and I have tried running the app, noting the count, shutting the app down, printing and then re-starting the app.
    Either way the print counter increments 2 for every 1 print.
    Any advise?

10. Daniel

March 7, 2014 - 11:20 am

This worked for me once and now when I go to re-open it it’s just a blank box. Any suggestions?

March 7, 2014 - 7:06 pm

Daniel, try reinstalling, if that does not work, call us for a tech ticket.

12. Andre

April 4, 2015 - 3:01 pm

Hello Bill My name is andre,I have the dnp ds-rx1 I use it for my photo booth and it currently prints the 2×6 prints but i’m looking to print out the 4×6 layout. could you tell me how I could do so as nothing is mentioned in the manual or videos on line. would be nice to know how to do this for future needs Thanks ANDRE

13. Michiel

April 7, 2015 - 3:08 am

Hi guys,

Is there any API available to get this information into the print software I’m developing? Would really help with planning print jobs while preventing print loss due to out of paper situation (I lose 2 or 3 prints from memory every time the DS80 runs out of paper. I can resubmit but in batches of 150/200 pages it’s a drag figuring out which pages are missing)

14. margherita

June 24, 2015 - 9:32 am

Hi,

I m trying to install the print counter.I m not able to do it.
    Somebody speaks italian?

15. Sarah

June 15, 2016 - 5:28 pm

@Rodrigo
    Did you found a solution?